The Joys of Christmas
Each December, the Town holds its annual Christmas at the Market, Tree Lighting Ceremony and Christmas Parade.
2022 Calls From the North Pole
Monday, December 5 and Tuesday, December 6 beginning at 5 p.m.
Friday, December 9 from 5 - 8 p.m.
Christmas at the Market vendor registration is now closed. Contact Austin Gilmore at 540-382-2349 ext. 2017 with any questions. Christiansburg Farmers' Market vendors, local crafters and food vendors will be set up for the event. All other vendors not in these areas are not sanctioned by the Town as part of the event. The vendors participating in the Christmas Market are listed below.
- Deer Park – pickles, salsa, herbs and spices, teas
- The Chandlerie – hand-poured soy wax, wood wick holiday candles
- The Crafter’s Corner – gift baskets with candles, jewelry, home décor, and more.
- Weeping Willow Farm – lotions, powders, beeswax lip balms, goat milk soaps
- Sun and Spruce – soaps, scrubs, lotions, bath bombs, shower steamers, bear oils, hand soaps
- Cavalier Farms – Christmas wreaths and crafts, winter produce
- Crafts by Christina – holiday décor, holiday ornaments, hair bows and headbands
- Nana G. – wreaths, wood items, mailbox decorations
- Graves Graphic Designs – hand drawn shirts and sweatshirts, wreaths, hand painted ornaments, snowman décor, chalkboard paintings, handmade string silver jewelry.
- Heavenly Hill Honey - Honey
- DKFizzles – bath bombs, shower melts, lotion, lip balm, bear oil and wash
- Sisterly Sweets – cookies, cakes, cake pops, fudge
- Scallywag Letterpress – letterpress cards, gift tags, coasters, notebooks, tote bags
- Lil’ Bit Corny – gourmet popcorn
- Daisy & Emma’s Stray Shop – cat-themed stationary, home goods, and accessories
- Asher’s Coffee Beans – coffee beans
- Granny Bean’s Confections – handmade hard candies, cookies, nuts, savory snacks, chocolates, caramels, taffy
- Talley Forte – custom jewelry, hand wrapped jewelry and crystals
2022 Tree Lighting
Friday, December 9 at 6:50 p.m.
A ceremonial tree lighting ceremony with the Mayor will take place in Town Square, with a special guest appearance.
Friday, December 9 at 7 p.m.
Christmas parade registration is now closed.
The winners of this last year's parade are:
Best Float: Christiansburg Public Works
Best Non-Float: NRV Jeep Club
Best Overall: Life Changers Christian Center
Please see below for a complete list of streets and parking lots that will close at 5 p.m. in preparation for the parade:
- The length of Main Street between Park Street and Phlegar Street.
- Roanoke Street from Main Street to First Street.
- Pepper Street from First Street to Hill Street.
- The municipal parking lot in front of Town Hall.
- The parking lot between Pepper Street and Roanoke Street behind the Courthouse.
- Christmas Parade Map
Phlegar Street (from First Street to Main Street) and Radford Road (from Main Street to Depot Street) will close just prior to the parade beginning, at 6:30 p.m.
The parade will end at the intersection of Main Street and Phlegar Street. Floats may continue to the rear parking lot of the old Christiansburg Middle School, off Depot Street. At the end of the parade, spectators on the north (National Guard Armory) side of Main Street should exit via College Street. Spectators on the south (Dollar General) side of Main Street should exit via First Street.
Main Street will remain closed to through traffic up to two hours after the event.
2022 Winter Wonderland
Saturday, December 10 from 6- 8 p.m.
2022 Light up Your Home for the Holidays
Submit by December 11
Submit your home decorations registration form by Dec. 11 to enter the contest. Submissions may be added to a map for people to visit & enjoy. The top ten entries will be posted to Facebook (@CburgVAGov) on Dec. 16. Voting will conclude at 9 a.m. on Dec. 19, and the 2022 winner will be announced Dec. 20.