Roanoke Street Sidewalk Extension - 460 Bypass
This project will construct a five-foot wide sidewalk, curb and gutter, safety lighting, crosswalks, crosswalk signals and flashing beacons between Falling Branch Road and Hubbel Drive.
- Purpose – Provide a pedestrian route along Roanoke Street to navigate under US 460 By-Pass
- Total Length of Project – 1,050 feet
- From – 600 feet East of Falling Branch Road
- To – Hubbell Drive
Estimated Project Cost
Total Estimated Cost: $801,885
- Preliminary Engineering (PE): $174,289
- Right of Way & Utilities (RW): $9,100
- Construction (CN): $618,496
Total Funding Allocation: $801,885
- Highway Safety Improvement Program (100% Grant): $490,169
- Transportation Alternatives (80% Grant): $249,373
- Local TA Funds Match (20% Match): $62,343
- Right of Way Acquisition & Utility Relocations: September 2020
- Begin Construction: November 2021
A link to the 50% plan submittal is available here. The improvements shown thereon do not indicate that improvements to a property are imminent or that a decision on an improvement has been made.
A link to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) document in the form of a Programmatic Categorical Exclusion is available here.
Willingness to Hold a Public Meeting
In compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 106 and 36 CFR Part 800, information concerning the potential effects of the proposed project on properties listed in or eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places is provided in the Programmatic Categorical Exclusion.
Questions and concerns regarding the project can be addressed to Mr. Wayne Nelson, P.E., Director of Engineering by phone at 540-382-6120 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your concerns cannot be satisfied, the Town of Christiansburg is willing to hold a public hearing. You may request that a public hearing be held by sending a written request to Mr. Wayne Nelson, P.E., Director of Engineering, Town of Christiansburg, 100 East Main Street, Christiansburg, VA 24073, on or prior to May 4, 2020. If a request for a public hearing is received, notice of date, time and place of the hearing will be posted.
The Town of Christiansburg ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information in regards to your civil rights on this project or need special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Wayne Nelson at the telephone number listed above.