FY 2020-2021 Budget Process
Draft Budget Documents
- April 7, 2020 Work Session Presentation
- Summary Draft for April 7, 2020 Work Session
- Draft Budget, March 17, 2020
- Draft Budget Presentation, March 17, 2020
- Note: The Finance Director had originally planned on giving this presentation at the March 17 Town Council work session, but the work session was canceled for the health and safety of the community in regards to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Budget Process Calendar
- Budget templates and forms were distributed to departments, and staff met to discuss the budget process.
- Departmental budget requests were due, along with end of the year expenditure estimates, personnel requests and capital outlay requests.
- Finance Director and Town Manager began reviewing budget requests and end of year expenditure estimates, holding meetings with departments as needed.
- Feb. 24: The Finance Committee held a meeting to discuss the status of the current FY 19-20 budget and a potential budget amendment; salary and wages; and the FY 20-21 budget, including schedule and revenue outlook.
- March 17: A Town Council work session was scheduled to discuss the draft budget but was canceled for the health and safety of the community in regards to COVID-19 (coronavirus). The Finance Director emailed Town Council with a copy of the draft budget and the budget presentation she had planned to give at the work session.
- March 24: The Finance Director presented the draft budget at a regularly scheduled meeting of Christiansburg Town Council.
- April 7: Christiansburg Town Council met electronically for a work session on current operations and the proposed FY 2020-2021 budget. (Work Session Presentation; Summary Draft for Work Session).