- Utility Services
To sign up for water/sewer service, please bring the following to Town Hall, 100 East Main Street. You cannot email the form.
- Application for Service (PDF) **Signatures on the Application for Service must be verified by Town staff. Please do not sign the Application for Service prior to visiting Town Hall.**
- Valid picture ID or driver’s license. Expired forms of identification are not accepted.
- Deposit of $50 or higher, subject to credit. Residential Customers Only. (Businesses should contact the Finance Department directly at 540-382-9519 for deposit amount).
- Rental/lease agreement (for renters only)
- If purchasing, please provide purchase agreement or closing documents.
If same day service is needed, please visit Town Hall before 3 p.m.
Water and Sewer Leak Adjustment Policy (PDF)
Solid Waste Collection
The Town offers garbage collection once a week and recycling collection every other week for town residents.
Solid waste collection - which includes both garbage and recycling - is $22 per month, which is billed along with water and sewer services.
Please note that you must be a Town of Christiansburg utility customer to sign up for solid waste collection. Customers may sign up for solid waste collection in person or via phone or email.
- Visit: Town Hall, 100 East Main Street, Christiansburg, VA
- Call: 540-382-9519
- Email: Email the Town (please include your account name and requested pickup location in your email)
Find more information about solid waste collection, read more.
Please note that a $10 charge will be applied when a customer uses a credit card to make a payment over the phone. This charge does not apply to online or in-person credit card transactions.