Welcome to Christiansburg!
If you’re a new resident, chances are, you have a few questions about how to set up your home here in town. Our Welcome Guide will help answer most of your questions, from how to set up utilities to registering your car. You can pick up a physical copy of our Welcome Guide at Town Hall.
If you have questions that remain unanswered, give us a call in the Public Relations Office at 540-382-6128 or send an email to the town.
New Resident Services
Please note that customers must sign up for water/sewer utilities before 3 p.m. for same-day service. If the customer signs up for utilities after 3 p.m., service will be connected the next business day.
Solid waste collection service may be in place the day after a customer registers for collection if the location already has designated garbage and recycling carts. If the location is new to solid waste collection with the Town of Christiansburg, service may take up to a week to begin.
The Town does not provide the following services. However, you may find more information on local area providers here:
Christiansburg is part of the Montgomery County School System. Parents should enroll school-age children as soon as they arrive in Christiansburg.
Register your child at the school he or she will attend. To determine the appropriate school(s), call 540-382-5100.
The Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library system services the areas of Christiansburg, Blacksburg, Floyd and Meadowbrook. To learn more, please visit their website.
Public Transportation System
If you’re looking to get around town or to nearby Blacksburg, Blacksburg Transit offers routes to, from and throughout Christiansburg. Residents also have a number of options for out of town travel. Visit our Public Transportation page to find out more!
Recreation & Aquatics
Another benefit to being a Christiansburg resident is free membership to the Christiansburg Recreation Center.
The Aquatic Center offers discounted fees for town residents. View rates and fees information.
Learn More About Christiansburg
Take advantage of all Christiansburg has to offer!
- Discover Christiansburg’s past, present and future in our Community Profile and Town History.
- Christiansburg’s Town Council meets every second and fourth Tuesday of each month at Christiansburg Town Hall, 100 East Main Street. Attend a meeting or watch the latest meeting online.
- You can also read up on each Town Council member.
- Find directions on the Christiansburg Street Map (PDF). You may also purchase a street map at Town Hall for $1 (B&W / 16x24) or $4 (Color / 24x36).
- Check out local attractions, restaurants and hotels with our Attractions Map, and learn more about Montgomery County tourism here.