Hickok Street Improvements
Proposed improvements to portions of the downtown storm drainage system to reduce flooding under downtown businesses. The project is currently in the Engineering Phase. Right-of-way and utility relocation is expected to begin August 2020 and construction is expected to August 2021. Funding is provide through VDOT by Revenue Sharing which is a dollar for dollar match from the Town.
- From – 200 feet south of W. Main Street (Route 11) on Hickok Street
- To – 300 feet north of W. Main Street (Route 11) on Hickok Street
- Average Daily Traffic (ADT) – W. Main Street (Route 11): 5,200 per day in 2019
Estimated Project Cost
Total Estimated Cost: $2,987,446
- Preliminary Engineering (PE): $220,000
- Right of Way & Utilities (RW): $205,000
- Construction (CN): $2,562,446
Total Funding Allocation: $2,987,446
- Revenue Sharing Funds (50% Grant): $1,493,723
- Local Revenue Sharing Funds Match (50% Match): $1,493,723
- Right of Way Acquisition & Utility Relocations: August 2020
- Begin Construction: August 2021
A link to the 30% plan submittal is available here. The improvements shown thereon do not indicate that improvements to a property are imminent or that a decision on an improvement has been made.
A design public hearing is scheduled on July 7, 2020 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Christiansburg Town Hall.
Give your written or oral comments at the hearing or submit them by Monday, July 13, 2020, to Mr. Wayne Nelson, PE, Christiansburg Town Hall, 100 East Main Street, Christiansburg, VA 24073. You may also email your comments to email@example.com.
The Town of Christiansburg ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information in regards to your civil rights on this project or need special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Wayne Nelson at the telephone number listed above.
State Project: U000-154-R35