The Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission serves as an advisory board to the Parks and Recreation Department in developing programs and activities for residents of all ages.
The "Commission" normally meets the first Monday of every month at 6 p.m. at the Christiansburg Recreation Center. If interested in being placed on the agenda, please call Brad Epperley at 540-382-2349 x2001.
Commission members are appointed by Town Council to serve a term of four years.
Members currently serving on the Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission:
- Henry D. Showalter, Town Council Representative
- Diane C. Fenton, Chairperson
- Michael L. Saylors
- James Williamson, Jr.
- John T. Neel
- Robin L. Boyd
- Reba Smart
- Kathy Meadows
- Brad Epperley, Director of Parks and Recreation
- Emma Britt, Student Representative
- Lawson Mecom, Student Representative