Harkrader Sports Complex Rentals
Outdoor Sports Facilities Rental Policies
- Any use of athletic fields at Harkrader Sports Complex, Kiwanis Park and Falling Branch must be scheduled through the Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Department.
- Requests for the use of athletic fields are to be made through the Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Department by filling out the Rental Application Form. The person filling out the application must be the person who represents the group/organization. To request an application, please contact Nick Yopp, Master Scheduler of Tournaments & Facilities, at email@example.com or 540-382-2349.
- The rental season for athletic fields begins in March and concludes the last weekend in November, weather permitting.
- Requests received with less than two weeks’ notice may be approved if time and space allow, however, additional fees may be charged.
- After the schedule of play is established according to the above user priority model, all open dates will be evaluated and rentals will be determined based on the best fit for the sports complex and accompanying fields.
- Renters must show proof of insurance and name the Town of Christiansburg with at least $1,000,000 in General Liability as additionally insured for any event other than a single team practice. A copy of the certificate of insurance must be received by the Town of Christiansburg no less than 14 days prior to activity.
- A non-refundable down payment of 25% of the total reservation cost shall be paid within 48 hours of the approved application by the Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Department. The deposit is applied towards full rental fees. The remaining 75% must be received within five business days of completion of the event. Payments not received within the allocated time will affect requests for the following year. First time group tournament rentals must pay in full no later than 14 days prior to their event.
- If damage occurs to any portion of the facility or sports complex equipment, the renter will be billed for any additional expense at replacement cost.
- Tournaments may be scheduled for Friday-Sunday, March through November (or on approved holidays). Weekday tournament rentals will need approval by Parks & Recreation Administration.
- The fields may be rented for games between 8:00 am and 10:00 pm. No game may be scheduled to begin after 9:00 pm without approval from the Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Department. Play must be ceased by 10:00 pm Sunday-Thursday and by 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday.
- The Town of Christiansburg reserves the right to add conditions or make modifications to the rental application and policy. The Town of Christiansburg also reserves the right to cancel any event as deemed necessary for the safety of all participants and in the best interest of the fields. The Town of Christiansburg also reserves the right to deny any rental request.
- The Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to cease activity in the event of safety concerns. It is the renters responsibility to ensure playing conditions are safe for their event.
- Unused or vacant fields cannot be used for warm-ups without Parks & Recreation approval.
- During a rental, a point of contact must be designated and provided to the Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Department 72 hours prior to the rental. This individual must be onsite and available should assistance be necessary during the entire rental.
- Alcoholic beverages and drug use are prohibited on the premises. This includes fields, parking lots, open spaces and roadways. Renters are expected to enforce this with all associated with the event.
- If lightning is detected inside of 8 miles or seen, a mandatory game delay of 30 minutes from the last detected strike will be enforced and all players, coaches, officials and guests must leave the fields and seek shelter. Staying in dugouts, near fields, or under pavilions is not acceptable. Updates will be communicated to the onsite contact.
- Parking is only permitted in designated areas. Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed or towed.
- Athletic trainers or medical staff for events are not provided by the facility. It is strongly recommended that the renter have an emergency medical plan in place.
- All Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Department rules and regulations must be complied with or suspension of rental and future usage of Christiansburg Parks & Recreation programs and facilities could be denied.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
The refund policy is as follows:
- 100% refund if the Parks and Recreation Department cancels the event reservation.
- A full refund may be issued 15 days or more prior to the event or activity.
- Cancellations are NOT subject to refund within 14 days of an event. Less than 15 days prior to the event or activity refunds will reviewed and determined by Town of Christiansburg Parks & Recreation Administration on a case by case basis. Cancelling within 14 days prior to the event could result in forfeiture of all money paid to the Town of Christiansburg.
- If inclement weather causes fields to be unsafe for play, every attempt will be made to reschedule the rental. If no use has occurred on the rental day and use cannot be rescheduled within sixty days, a full refund, with preference to applying a credit to the renter’s account, will be given.
- If use has begun on the rental date and inclement weather moves in, play will be delayed until fields are deemed safe for play. If play cannot be resumed or if play is resumed and more inclement weather moves in, a partial refund could be given considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If use has not begun on the rental date and there is already a delay due to inclement weather, facility staff will communicate with the onsite contact as to an estimated start time. If it is deemed that the event cannot proceed due to a delay, a refund will be issued.
HARKRADER SPORTS COMPLEX RENTAL FEES
DAILY FEE ADDED FEE PER HR
FOR LIGHTS NEEDED
1 Day, 1 Field $150.00 $15.00/hr.
2 Day, 1 Field $250.00 $15.00/hr.
1 Day, 2 Fields $250.00 $15.00/hr.
2 Day, 2 Fields $500.00 $15.00/hr.
1 Day, 3 Fields $400.00 Waived
2 Days, 3 Fields $750.00 Waived