NOTE: The budget process is a prediction of spending for Town operations, services and programs; it is not a representation of the actual revenues and expenditures for a fiscal year. Actuals for each fiscal year are represented in the annual audit reports and Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR). You can view a history of these reports here.
FY 2022-2023 Budget
Christiansburg Town Council approved the budget on May 24, 2022.
Proposed 2022-2023 Budget Amendment #1
Budget Process Calendar
- Budget templates and forms were distributed to departments, and staff met to discuss the budget process.
- Departmental budget requests were due, along with end of the year expenditure estimates, personnel requests and capital outlay requests.
- Finance Director and Town Manager began reviewing budget requests and end of year expenditure estimates, holding meetings with departments as needed.
- March 15: A Town Council Work Session occurred to discuss the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget.
- March 22: The Finance Director presented the draft budget at a regularly scheduled meeting of Christiansburg Town Council.